Online marketing has undergone a tremendous change since its early days. Where there used to be only backlinks and metadata, there is now a whole new universe of marketing channels.
Continue Reading Below
We present our list of 33 apps and tools to simplify your marketing efforts:
Client Relations Apps
- Nimble (www.nimble.com): Manage your entire contact database in one place.
- Intercom (www.intercom.io): Replace your clients’ help desk, email marketing, and CRM suite with one simple product.
- CardFlick (cardflick.co): Send your contacts a beautiful digital businesscard.
- Movable Ink (movableink.com): Send email newsletters that include dynamic content.
- Murally (www.mural.ly): Create a pinboard with links, images and text.
- Toggl (www.toggl.com): Track your time on any device, wherever you are.
- Noteworthy (vervious.com/noteworthy): Take notes in the menu bar on your Mac.
Website Optimization Apps
- Userium (userium.com): Check common usability issues before launching a website.
- Convert (www.convert.com): Conduct A/B testing to identify the best-received version of your homepage.
- Browserbite (www.browserbite.com): Test a website in 15 different browsers with one click.
- Webpage Test (www.webpagetest.org): Check your website load time.
- The Top 25 Home-Based Business Ideas
- 10 Web Sites Where You Should Have Your Company Profile Listed
- 25 Frequently Asked Questions on Starting a Business
- The 10 Most Creative New Business Ideas Out There
Search Engine Optimization Apps
- Plagspotter (www.plagspotter.com): Check the web for duplicates of your content.
- SEO Spyglass (www.seo-spyglass.com): Identify the links of any website.
Audio, Video, Text & Design Apps
- Grammarly (www.grammarly.com): Correct spelling mistakes, punctuation, and style.
- My Fonts (www.myfonts.com): Browse thousands of typefaces.
- Slide Rocket (www.sliderocket.com): Build and send the smartest presentations on the planet.
- Prezly (www.prezly.com): Distribute your press releases in a smarter way.
- Notism (www.notism.io): Collaborate on design skins with teams and clients and get instant feedback.
- Dribbble (dribbble.com): Find inspiration and share your own designs for feedback.
- Final Cut Pro (www.apple.com/finalcutpro): Edit your videos beautifully.
- Moat (www.moat.com): Find inspiration for your banner ad designs.
- HTML5 Banner Maker (html5banneradd.com): Create banners that run across all devices.
Social Media Management Apps
- Buffer (bufferapp.com): Schedule posts on social networks or let Buffer post on your behalf at the best time.
- Nutshell Mail (www.nutshellmail.com): Get a daily summary email of the social activity around you.
- Social Engage (socialengage.co): Take your analytics to the next level and find out your visitors’ demographics.
- Similar Web (www.similarweb.com): Get full analytics insights of any website.
- Open Site Explorer (www.opensiteexplorer.org): Analyze every link on your website.
- Pipedrive (www.pipedrive.com/en/home/drive): Use Pipedrive to keep track of your sales pipeline.
- Sqwiggle (www.sqwiggle.com): Collaborating remotely? Stay connected with Sqwiggle.
- Boomerang (www.boomeranggmail.com): Schedule emails in your Gmail.
- Fantastical (www.flexibits.com): Meet the intuitive calendar.
- SignEasy (www.signeasy.com): Sign documents on your iOS and Android devices –- no print or scan required.
- Xero (www.xero.com): Handle your invoicing and accounting in one convenient suite.
Melanie Haselmayr is the CEO of Mevvy, The Next Generation Tool & App Store.