Airline delays and cancelations rise after fire; Hawaiian tops US on-time rankings
Here are the government's rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance for September. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 90.8 percent
2. Alaska Airlines, 87.2 percent
3. JetBlue Airways, 86.1 percent
4. AirTran Airways, 86.0 percent
5. Delta Air Lines, 85.7 percent
6. US Airways, 84.9 percent
7. Virgin America, 84.1 percent
8. American Airlines, 81.1 percent
9. SkyWest, 81.1 percent
10. Frontier Airlines, 80.9 percent
11. United Airlines, 80.7 percent
12. Southwest Airlines, 80.1 percent
13. ExpressJet, 74.4 percent
14. Envoy Air, 73.2 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 81.1 percent
— Southwest and AirTran are owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
— American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc. Envoy was formerly American Eagle.
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1GupZVt