I read A Few Lessons from Sherlock Holmes by Peter Bevlin. It's a really fun read, a collection of quotes from Holmes stories with life lessons that are full of wisdom.
Here are ten things I learned (all direct quotes from the book).
1. Approach problems with a blank mind:
2. Take amultidisciplinaryapproachto learning:
3. Be selective about what you believe:
4. It is so tempting to fool yourself:
5. Ensure you aren't blinded by your discoveries:
6. Knowledge and education can backfire:
7. You have to tame and filter your own ideas:
8. Simple problems can be the hardest to solve:
9. Data can increase confidence faster than ability:
10. There's still so much important stuff out there we don't know:
Go buy the book here. It's so good.
The article 10 Things You Can Learn From Sherlock Holmes originally appeared on Fool.com.
Contact Morgan Housel at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright 1995 - 2015 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.