Forbes released its list of the richest person in each state in America on Wednesday.
Continue Reading Below
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is the richest person on the list, worth $88.9 billion. In addition to being the richest person in Washington state, he is also the richest person in the world. Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who also lives in Washington, came in a tight second place to Gates with $83.3 billion.
Leslie Lampton, 91, of Mississippi, who co-founded Ergon, Inc. in 1954, is the oldest person on the list, worth $760 million. Conversely, Facebook founder and California resident Mark Zuckerberg at age 33 is the youngest person to make the list at $62.4 billion.
The total net worth of all 52 individuals on the list (there were ties in two states) equates to more than $745 billion. The average increase in a list member’s fortune since the previous year is $1.74 billion, Forbes said.
Below is a list of the top 10 people on Forbes’ 2017 Richest Person in Every State list:
1) Bill Gates—$88.9 billion, Washington
2) Warren Buffett-- $76.2 billion, Nebraska
3) Mark Zuckberg-- $62.4 billion, California
4) Michael Bloomberg-- $50.7 billion, New York
5) Charles Koch-- $47.5 billion, Kansas
6) Jim Walton-- $38.5 billion, Arkansas
7) Alice Walton-- $38.2 billion, Texas
8) Sheldon Adelson-- $35.6 billion, Nevada
9) Jacqueline Mars-- $27.6 billion, Virginia
10) John Mars-- $27.6 billion, Wyoming