The National Association of Music Merchants has announced May 6 to 8 will be the first National Music Store Weekend, in honor of the local community music store.
To kick off the event, NAMM published the following a list of the ten reasons why we should all visit our local music store.
Continue Reading Below
10. A music store is knowledgeable. Whether you’ve been playing music for years or are a new player, your local music store has expert staff on hand to help and talk all things music. From advising on how to choose your first instrument to finding any accessory you need to keep on playing, your local music store can provide valuable guidance and resources.
9. A music store is in your neighborhood. Your local music store can get you on the path to playing music and most are closer than you think. You’ll be surprised to find that there might be more than one just around the corner.
8. A music store is a community centre. Not only are local music stores an inspiring space for aspiring music makers, they are also a good place to find out about local music events and concerts, performance opportunities and to talk to other people with musical interests like you.
7. A music store is reliable. Local music stores want to make sure you are happy with your purchase and equipped in the best way possible to play the music you desire. That means they will help you select the best new or used instrument and accessories for your needs.
6. A music store is resourceful. Whether you’re looking for a reed for your clarinet or want to know the very best way to clean your instrument, your local music store can help. If they don’t carry the part, local music stores will order it for you to ensure you get exactly what you need.
5. A music store 'gets' your love of music. Local music stores are born from an intense love for music – and they are in business to share it. The staff at your local music store usually comprises teachers or performers and are life-long students themselves – constantly expanding their musical horizons and eager to share their passion and knowledge with customers.
Click here for the full list on NAMM’s Web site.