Continue Reading Below
Here are the government's rankings of the leading U.S. airlines and their on-time performance for May. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives no more than 14 minutes behind schedule.
- Hawaiian Airlines, 89.7%
- Delta Air Lines, 82.8%
- Alaska Airlines, 82.6%
- SkyWest Airlines (SKWY), 82.4%
- United Airlines (UAL), 82.3%
- American Airlines (AAL), 80.1%
- Southwest Airlines (LUV), 77.3%
- ExpressJet, 76.8%
- Frontier Airlines, 76.7%
- Spirit Airlines (SAVE), 69.0%
- JetBlue Airways (JBLU), 67.2%
- Virgin America (VA), 58.7%
As a whole, the industry recorded an on-time rate of 79.1% in May.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.