Today, these stocks gapped down with open prices significantly lower than the close on the previous trading day:
Continue Reading Below
- WESCO International (WCC) opened at $49.84 after closing the previous trading session at $57, gapping down. Shares have dropped 4.5%, trading at a volume of 689,525. The stock has fallen over the last three months, dropping $10.70 (-16.4%) from $65.16 on April 23, 2012. The stock has moved down across its 50-day moving average of $56.89 today.
- LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO) opened at $25.33, gapping down from its previous close of $28.67. Shares are down 2.9%, trading at a volume of 767,755. Shares have shown some positive movement over the last two months as the price has climbed $1.16 (4.3%) from a price of $26.67 on May 21, 2012. The stock has dropped a step closer to its 200-day moving average, sitting just 1.7% above the mark.
- Diana Containerships (DCIX) opened at $6.12 after closing the previous trading session at $7.20, gapping down. The stock price is down 14.7% with a volume of 1.7 million. The stock has been losing steam over the last month, falling $1.41 (-18.7%) from a price of $7.55 on June 19, 2012. The stock has moved down across its 200-day moving average of $6.68 today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI) opened at $12.71, gapping down from its previous close of $14.20. Shares are trading at a volume of 284,805 at a price decrease of 8.5%. The stock is down over the last three months, having fallen $4.30 (-24.9%) from $17.29 on April 23, 2012. The stock is trading at 84.8% of its 50-day moving average and 80.1% of its 200-day moving average.
- With an opening price of 63 cents, Palatin Technologies (PTN) gapped down from its previous close of 74 cents. Shares have dropped 10.7%, trading at a volume of 188,850.