In honor of Independence Day, I’m featuring some all-American businesses that are also creating some great American jobs.
Continue Reading Below
Happy Fourth and Happy Hunting!
QUICKEN LOANS -- The nation's largest online mortgage lender and third-largest retail mortgage lender.
- Founded in 1985 by Dan Gilbert in Michigan, it's current headquarters are in Detroit. The company currently has nearly 10,000 employees across the U.S.
- Quicken Loans has more than 300 positions available, including 80 IT positions in Detroit, and is also looking to hire 100 summer interns and 150 to 200 fall interns.
- Top Jobs: IT, Interns, Technology, Mortgage Banking, Operations, Marketing
- Hiring in Detroit, MI, Cleveland, OH, and Scottsdale, AZ
- Ranked number five on Fortune magazine’s annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2014
- Since moving into Detroit’s urban core, Quicken Loans has created 6,500 new jobs and have more than 12,500 team members working in this location
- Find more information at www.quickenloanscareers.com
VALVOLINE INSTANT OIL CHANGE -- This company provides preventative maintenance services for cars, including full-service oil change, transmission, radiator and air-conditioning services, tire rotation and more.
Continue Reading Below
- Started in 1986 after the purchase of Rapid Oil Change and Instant Oil Change centers, Valvoline now has over 900 locations with headquarters in Lexington, Ky.
- Valvoline has approximately 400 openings listed on the website and have plans to open an additional 27 stores, creating 200 new jobs.
- Top Jobs: Automotive Technicians, Customer Service Advisors, Service Center Managers
- Hiring especially in: OH, TN, MO, NY, MN and KY; Cities they're zooming in on include Los Angeles, Minneapolis, greater New York City metro area, Boston, St. Louis and Orlando
- Valvoline was awarded a 2012 BEST Award, the training industry's most rigorous recognition for demonstrating success through employee learning and development.
- If interested in owning a franchise -- they’re no. 60 on Entrepreneur’s 2014 Franchise 500 -- they're in need of franchises in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Austin, Houston, San Francisco and Seattle.
MARCO’S PIZZA -- A pizza company franchise.
- Marco's Pizza was started in Ohio in the 1970s by an Italian immigrant, and was later sold, but still uses the same pizza recipe. Headquartered in Toledo, it now operates 500 stores in 34 states.
- The company plans to have 6,000 new job openings nationwide thanks to 200 projected new store openings
- Top Jobs: General Managers ($30k-$45k), Asst Managers ($10+ p/h), Pizza Makers, Drivers (both minimum wage +), Franchisees
- Marco's Pizza is a member of IFA’s VetFran (which helps returning service members access franchise opportunities)
- In honor of their 500th opening (this franchise is owned by a veteran) they raised $50k benefiting USA Cares Job Assistance Program to help 500 veterans find employment
- Find more information at http://marcos.com/join-our-team and www.marcosfranchising.com
BLUEFROG PLUMBING + DRAIN -- A brand new plumbing and drain-cleaning service, repair and replacement franchise with 24/7 service and no overtime charges.
- Launched in 2014 out of Tempe, Ariz., Bluefrog already has 20 franchises in its first 90 days.
- By the end of 2014, it plans to have about 40 franchise partners -- which can add about 200 jobs.
- Top Jobs: Client Service Professional (office staff) ($25-40k), Service Expert (plumber) ($50-70k), Service Engineer (supervising plumber) ($70-100k), Franchise Owners
- Bluefrog is actively recruiting women employees, franchise partners and veterans. It offers aggressive discount options for new veteran franchise partners.
- Franchise partners are encouraged to offer employees benefits and compensation packages
- Find more information at http://www.bluefrogplumbing.com and http://www.bluefrogfranchise.com
DICKEY’S BARBECUE -- Largest barbecue chain in the country.
- Dickey's Barbecue opened in 1941 in Dallas, and plans to hit 500 stores by the end of the year.
- It also plans to add 100 new locations in the next year, which means over 1,500 new jobs.
- Top Jobs: Operations, Construction/Development, Training, Marketing, HR, General Managers, Cashiers and Franchise owners
- When opening own franchise, Dickey’s offers a Veteran’s Discount Package, low startup costs, a business model and special training programs at their “Barbecue University."
- Dickey's offers full benefits for all corporate employees; packages for hourly employees are also available.
- The BBQ joint was named “Best Franchise Deal” and “Top 5 Growth Chain” by two different industry publications.
- Find more information at www.dickeys.com/about/work-for-dickeys