We found something today that surprised us in our search for jobs: a company with an average annual salary of $100,000. The name will surprise you.
Continue Reading Below
Also this week, jobs for vets, working moms, and accountants.
PRUDENTIAL - Provides insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services.
- Has nearly 800 job openings nationwide.
- Top Jobs: Actuarial, Finance, Risk Management, Technology Investment Professionals, Compliance
- Named a top company by ‘Working Mother’ 25 times.
- Has also been named a top military-friendly employer by GI Jobs and Military Edge.
- Find more information at jobs.prudential.com
ELECTROLUX - A global leader in household appliances and appliances for professional use, selling more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year.
Continue Reading Below
- Announced an $85 million expansion of its North American headquarters in Charlotte, NC – creating 810 new jobs in the state by 2017.
- Top Jobs: research and development, marketing, design, engineering, supply chain, finance, IT and executive management.
- The average annual salary for the new jobs is pegged at $100,000, and 60% of the positions are expected to be local hires.
- Company moved its HQ to Charlotte from Augusta, Ga., in 2009. At the time they had expected to add 738 employees in NC by 2015 – reached 805 employees in 2013.
- Find more information at group.electrolux.com/en/career-opportunities-203/.
QUICKEN LOANS – Nation’s largest online mortgage lender and third-largest retail mortgage lender. Also provides FHA mortgages and VA loans.
- Currently has more than 200 full-time open positions. Also looking to bring on 1,000 paid interns this summer in Detroit.
- Top Jobs: Technology, Mortgage Banking, Paid Internships.
- Hiring majority of positions in Detroit (160) but also hiring in San Diego, Scottsdale, AZ, Cleveland, Charlotte, NC, Denton, TX, and Pittsburgh.
- Committed to hiring veterans and created the Quicken Loans Veteran Hiring Program which creates career opportunities for veterans, service members, and their families.
- Was ranked no. 5 on FORTUNE magazine’s annual ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ list in 2014.
- Find more information at www.quickenloanscareers.com
POWER HOME REMODELING GROUP – The nation’s third-largest exterior home remodeling company providing energy-saving and environmentally friendly exterior remodeling solutions to homeowners.
- Looking to fill approximately 800-1,200 jobs, and hopes to hire approximately 1,000 by the end of 2014.
- Top Jobs: Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Installations.
- Entry level employees typically start around $30K, with potential for bonuses up to $50K annually. More seasoned employees in various departments can easily make over six figures.
- Has locations in CT, DE, GA, IL, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, DC, WI & opening a new location in Detroit in April 2014.
- Find more information at WorkatPower.com
PNC – U.S.-based financial-services corporation providing retail and business banking & specialized services for corporations and government entities.
- Has nearly 2,000 openings across our market
- Top Jobs: Customer Service Representatives, Retail Banking, Financial Specialists & Mid-to-Senior Level Managers.
- Benefits include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage; a company-funded pension plan; a commuter benefits program; and an educational assistance program, among others.
- Find more information at www2.pnc.com/careers/