We are now in the middle of the holiday season, and while retailers have been building their payrolls since September, there are still plenty of holiday opportunities available.
Continue Reading Below
SHUTTERFLY (NASDAQ:SFLY) - Leading manufacturer and digital retailer of high-quality personalized products and services offered through a family of lifestyle brands
- Will hire close to 2,700 for seasonal jobs, up from 2,000 last year
- Specifically looking to hire in its Phoenix and Fort Mill, SC plants
- Top Jobs: Manufacturing, Customer Service
- There is an opportunity for some of the seasonal positions to become full time positions
- Find out more info at http://www.shutterfly.com/about/positions.jsp
HONEYBAKED HAM – Known for its slow-smoked, spiral-sliced Honey Baked Hams and Turkey Breasts & other entrees, side items and desserts.
- Announced hiring 10,000 for the holiday season, Still hiring 2,000-3,000 for Christmas season
- Top Jobs: Production, Counter Sales Associates, Catering and Customer Service
- Part-time positions pay above minimum wage & seasonal employees also enjoy a store discount program. Possible for a seasonal job to become permanent.
- Company-wide, anticipates more than 2.5 million customers during the holiday season, from Thanksgiving through New Year’s. December is busiest time of the year, accounting for nearly 70% of yearly business.
- Each year, HoneyBaked increases its work force by 200% to meet the high demands and they have over 400 stores nationwide..
- Find out more info at www.honeybakedonline.com/CareerOpp
Continue Reading Below
TARGET (TGT) American retailing company, and the second-largest discount retailer in the U.S., behind Walmart.
- Plans to hire 70,000 seasonal team members to staff its stores and distribution centers. Also upping hours for full-time staff by 5-10% between Black Friday and Xmas.
- Top Jobs: Sales Floor Team Members, Cashiers, Backroom Staff, Warehouse Workers
- Seasonal workers get a 10% team member merchandise discount.
- Seasonal hiring began in September and will continue through December.
- Last year, more than a third of their seasonal hires were offered year-round roles. That’s 34,000 people.
- Find more info at www.target.com/career
UPS (UPS)- American global package delivery company.
- Hiring 55,000 seasonal workers
- Top Jobs: driver helpers, package sorters, loaders or unloaders (average salary is $8.50 per hour)
- Expects to deliver 29 million packages globally on its Peak Day, Tuesday December 17th
- The week before Christmas, UPS expects to deliver more than 132 million packages around the world
- On an average day, UPS delivers 16.3 million packages
- UPS predicts more than 78 million tracking requests on December 17, its busiest tracking day of the season. Normally UPS receives 45 million tracking requests on an average day.
- Find out more info at www.upsjobs.com or the UPSjobs page on Facebook.
SPORTS AUTHORITY - One of the nation’s largest full-line sporting-goods retailers.
- Plans to hire up to 5,000 part-time and temporary workers around the United States during the holiday season, a 20% increase from last year.
- Top Jobs: Sales Associates, Cashiers
- Also plans to convert hundreds of seasonal workers into part-time and full-time team members after the holidays this year.
- Seasonal employees are eligible to receive the same benefits as part-time and full-time employees and this year will have access to nearly 80% off all Sports Authority merchandise.
- Find more information at jobs.sportsauthority.com.