The Latest on hearings in Massachusetts on sexual misconduct allegations at Wynn Resorts (all times local):
Continue Reading Below
Steve Wynn is again denying accusations of sexual misconduct after gambling regulators in Massachusetts released a report on how his former company responded to the allegations.
The casino mogul wasn't in attendance Tuesday when the state's gaming commission opened a series of hearings into the response.
Lawyer Brian Kelly says in a statement his client denies all allegations of nonconsensual sex.
He also stressed that Steve Wynn isn't the focus of the hearings. Regulators aren't focused on the truth of the allegations but rather how long company officials were aware of them and how they responded.
The hearings have implications for the company's Massachusetts casino license and Encore Boston Harbor, the $2.6 billion resort it plans to open in June.
A report by Massachusetts casino regulators has found that Wynn Resorts executives concealed for years allegations of sexual misconduct against company founder Steve Wynn.
The report by the state Gaming Commission's investigative team doesn't make a recommendation to regulators but concludes saying the five-member panel should evaluate the company's recent reforms in the context of the report's findings.
The report was released Tuesday as the commission opened a series of hearings on whether Wynn officials knowingly hid information about the allegations, which Steve Wynn has denied, when it sought a casino license in 2013. The hearings have implications for Encore Boston Harbor, the $2.6 billion Boston-area resort the company plans to open in June.
Wynn Resorts didn't dispute the facts of the nearly 200-page report and said it represents a "complete review."
Massachusetts gambling regulators are holding hearings and releasing a long-awaited report into how Wynn Resorts handled allegations of sexual misconduct against company founder Steve Wynn.
The state Gaming Commission has been investigating, in part, whether company officials knowingly hid information about the allegations when the state was considering its application for a license in 2014.
The series of hearings opening Tuesday in Boston have implications for the Las Vegas company's Massachusetts casino license and Encore Boston Harbor, the $2.6 billion resort in Everett it plans to open in June.
Wynn Resorts recently went through a similar review in Nevada where it was handed down a record $20 million fine but allowed to keep its casino license. Steve Wynn has denied the claims but resigned as CEO last year.