No charges will be filed in the case involving a woman who nearly died after unknowingly drinking iced tea mixed with chemicals at a Utah restaurant.
Salt Lake County Attorney Sim Gill said Friday in a short news release that prosecutors determined after reviewing an extensive investigation by the South Jordan Police Department that there was no evidence of criminal wrongdoing.
Continue Reading Below
Authorities have said an employee at Dickey's Barbecue in South Jordan unintentionally put the heavy-duty cleaner lye in a sugar bag. Another worker then mistakenly mixed it into the iced-tea dispenser.
The 67-year-old Jan Harding is recovering after being in critical condition.
The Dallas-based Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants Inc. didn't immediately have any comment.
South Jordan is a Salt Lake City suburb.