Police in London were Tuesday afternoon investigating a "security alert" around the key transportation hub London Bridge, but found the incident "not to be suspicious". Earlier in the day, police had evacuated the area around the station, with hotels, coffee shops and office buildings in the area on lockdown. A bomb disposal robot was reportedly deployed to carry out a search on an abandoned suspicious vehicle close to the station in the U.K. capital. However, after a few hours the Metropolitan Police gave the all clear. "Thanks for bearing with us during the security alert on London Bridge St. Incident found not to be suspicious. Roads re-opening now," the Metropolitan Police said in a post to Twitter. National Rail said the station had reopened after the suspension of all train services during the bomb scare. "Train services running to and from this station may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until the end of the day," it said.
Copyright © 2017 MarketWatch, Inc.