As investors await Apple’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) fiscal fourth-quarter results, here is a look at how the tech behemoth’s shares have performed the day after the last 20 earnings reports.
- Apple shares rose 5.1% the day after the last earnings release on July 23. They had fallen after each of the previous four earnings reports.
- Following the last 20 earnings releases Apple shares have risen 13 times on the next day and fallen 7 times.
- Over the last 20 quarters the average post-earnings move for AAPL is a gain of 1.6%.
- The largest next-day loss was 12.4% on January 24, 2013, which was the steepest 1-day drop since the financial crisis.
- The largest next-day gain was 8.9% on April 25, 2012.
AAPL Shares Reaction
To Past Earnings Reports