Evacuations of civilians and opposition fighters out of eastern Aleppo have been suspended by the Syrian army, which claimed a ceasefire deal had been broken, news reports said Friday. The army said rebels opened fire at a crossing point in a rebel-held enclave, prompting the suspension, the Associated Press reported, citing Syrian state TV. It wasn't immediately clear when the suspension would be lifted. Thousands of people were evacuated Thursday from the last rebel-held area in the city, Reuters reported.
Copyright © 2016 MarketWatch, Inc.
Continue Reading Below