A 24-year-old California man who was found unresponsive in the parking lot of last month's Electric Daisy Carnival died of an Ecstasy overdose, authorities in Las Vegas said Wednesday.
Clark County coroner's officials ruled the death of San Leandro resident Montgomery Tsang an accident. An enlarged heart, which officials said was a pre-existing condition, was also a factor.
Continue Reading Below
Tsang was taken to the hospital and died the morning of June 21, after the first night of the massive electronic dance music festival. About 134,000 people attended the event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on each of its three nights.
Event producer Insomniac issued a statement afterward saying it was "deeply saddened" by the death and hoped attendees would keep the gathering safe.
The coroner's office has not ruled on the causes of death for two other young people who were in town for the festival.
Anthony Anaya, 25, from Everett, Washington, was reported dead June 21 at the Vdara resort on the Las Vegas Strip. Anaya attended the festival, but it was unknown if his death was linked to it, Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy has said.
Joey Saychack, 21, of Fresno, California, died at a hospital June 25. He was taken there five days earlier after being found unresponsive at a Las Vegas-area house he had rented with a group that was attending the festival, according to Assistant Coroner John Fudenberg.
Fudenberg said Saychack never made it to the event.
Nearly 800 people were treated for medical conditions during the event, but only 25 were taken to hospitals for treatment, police said. Organizers advertise a strict anti-drug policy, and police arrested several dozen people on felony drug charges. Previous events have been marred by party drug-related deaths.