Chipotle Shuts Boston Restaurant After Workers Fall Ill With Norovirus

A Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. restaurant in Billerica, Boston has been closed after several employees were diagnosed with norovirus, The Boston Globe reported, citing health officials. The restaurant, located on Boston Road, closed Tuesday after four workers said they felt ill, the paper reported. There were no reports of sick customers, and a Chipotle spokesperson said the restaurant would be fully sanitized before reopening. The news comes as Chipotle struggles to recover from a series of foodborne illness outbreaks, including an outbreak of norovirus in another Boston outlet that sickened about 140 people in December. Chief Executive Steve Ellis apologized for that incident, as well as e.coli outbreaks across the country. The restaurant chain has taken a series of measures to improve food safety procedures. Shares were down 3.2% in premarket trade, and are down 20.5% in the last 12 months, while the S&P 500 is down about 5%.

Copyright © 2016 MarketWatch, Inc.