Today, these stocks gapped up with opening prices significantly higher than the close on the previous trading day:
- Cavium (NASDAQ:CAVM) closed the previous trading session at $27.55, gapping up to open at $30.75 today. The stock price is up 10.5% with a volume of 1.8 million. Over the last two months, shares have shown some positive movement as the price has climbed $5.17 (20.5%) from a price of $25.28 on June 5, 2012. The stock has moved up across its 200-day moving average of $28.37 today.
- DICE HOLDINGS INC (NYSE:DHX) opened at $8.41 after closing the previous trading session at $7.46, gapping up. Shares have risen 4.2%, trading at a volume of 293,557. The stock has fallen over the last three months, dropping $2.28 (-22.7%) from $10.05 on May 7, 2012. The stock is trading at 89.1% of its 50-day moving average and 83.8% of its 200-day moving average.
- Gentiva Health Services (NASDAQ:GTIV) closed the previous trading session at $6.53, gapping up to open at $7.20 today. While trading at a volume of 296,495, the stock price has risen 6.9%. The stock has been on an upward trajectory over the last two months, rising $1.25 (21.8%) from a price of $5.73 on June 5, 2012. The stock has moved up across its 50-day moving average of $6.63 today.
- AVG Technologies (NYSE:AVG) gapped up today, opening at $11 after closing the previous trading session at $10. Trading at a volume of 120,187, the stock price is up 11.8%.
- Microvision (NASDAQ:MVIS) closed the previous trading session at $1.60, gapping up to open at $1.85 today. Shares are up 5.6% and trading at a volume of 224,466. The stock has climbed a step closer to its 200-day moving average, sitting at just 90.9% of the mark.