Apple's Stock's 5th-straight Loss Takes It To 5-month Low

By Tomi KilgoreMarketWatch Pulse

Apple Inc. slumped 2% Thursday to suffer a fifth-straight loss on Thursday, the longest such stretch since the five-session streak ending Jan. 5. Combined with a 2.5% drop on Wednesday, the stock's two-day drop of 4.5% is the biggest two-day percentage decline since Sept. 25, 2014. The stock, which closed at the lowest level since Feb. 9, 2015, has now lost 9.4% since it closed at a record $132.65 on April 27, shaving off about $72.47 billion in market capitalization. It is now sitting just 1.1% above the widely-watched 200-day moving average, the closest the stock has been to the long-term trend tracker since Sept. 18, 2013.

Copyright © 2015 MarketWatch, Inc.

Continue Reading Below