I read the bookThis Will Make You Smarter.
It's an amazing compilation of short essays written by some of the world's most talented scientists, authors, and businessmen, written in a way anyone can understand.
Continue Reading Below
The contributors were asked, "What scientific concept would improve everybody's cognitive toolkit?"
Let me tell you, the book lives up to its title.
Here are six passages I found especially smart.
1. Science is never certain:
2. Learn from as many disciplines as you can:
3. Happiness is complicated:
4. You're nothing special:
5. But everyone thinks they are:
6. You can never be too open-minded:
Go buy the book here. It's wonderful.
- What I learned fromAntifragile
- What I learned fromThinking Fast and Slow
- What I learned from Risk Savvy
More from The Motley Fool:Warren Buffett Tells You How to Turn $40 into $10 Million
The article 6 Things I Learned from the Book "This Will Make You Smarter" originally appeared on Fool.com.
Contact Morgan Housel at email@example.com. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright 1995 - 2015 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.