I read the book Stumbling Giant: The Threats To China's Future by Tim Beardson. It's a great read that offers an alternative view to the theory that China is going to own the 21st century.
Here are six things I learned.
1. The rate of corruption is staggering:
2. However, China's sheer size means lots ofanecdotalstories on nearly every topic:
3. China's demographics are appalling:
4. Even in modern times, China's government policies have led tooccasionallydisastrous results:
5. It has experienced more disaster than probably any other modern civilization:
Go buy the book here. It's great.
- What I learned fromAntifragile
- What I learned fromThinking Fast and Slow
- What I learned from Risk Savvy
More from The Motley Fool:Warren Buffett Tells You How to Turn $40 into $10 Million
The article 6 Things I Learned from the Book "Stumbling Giant" originally appeared on Fool.com.
Contact Morgan Housel at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright 1995 - 2014 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.