I read the book It's Getting Better All the Time: 100 Greatest Trends of the Last 100 Years,by Stephen Moore and Julian Simon.
Published in 2000, it's a great book about how life in America and throughout the world consistently improved during the 20th century.
Continue Reading Below
Here are six things I learned.
1. The gains in leisure time are extraordinary:
2. Medical care was a joke until the last half-century:
3. Education was a huge trend of the 20th century:
4. Food productivity exploded:
5. Life is safer:
6. Doing OK isn't hard anymore:
Go buy the book here. It's great.
- What I learned from "This will make you smarter"
- What I learned from "How to fail at everything"
- What I learned from The Bed of Procrustes"
The article 6 Things I Learned from the Book "It's Getting Better All the Time" originally appeared on Fool.com.
Contact Morgan Housel at email@example.com. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright 1995 - 2015 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.