With the stock market near all-time highs and global interest rates near all-time lows, its getting harder and harder for long-term investors to find reliable sources of income. A number of investors are now turning to dividend stocks to pick up the slack of low bond yields.
Continue Reading Below
Real estate investment trusts (REITs) offer some of the highest yields in the market. Maybe the best part about these investments is that they are legally required to distribute at least 90 percent of their earnings to shareholders via dividends.
This payout mandate means that a number of REITs have extremely high yields. In fact, these 10 REITs currently yield above 10 percent:
- ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. (NYSE:ARR) 14.9 percent yield.
- Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE:CIM) 11.5 percent yield<.
- Two Harbors Investment Corp (NYSE:TWO) 10.6 percent yield.
- Javelin Mortgage Investment Corp (NYSE:JMI) 20.0 percent yield.
- New York Mortgage Trust Inc (NASDAQ:NYMT) 14.8 percent yield.
- Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corp (NYSE:WMC) 12.6 percent yield.
- American Capital Agency Corp. (NASDAQ:AGNC) 12.3 percent yield.
- Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc (NYSE:IVR) 11.1 percent yield.
- Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY) 10.9 percent yield.
- MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE:MFA) 10.5 percent yield.
Do you have ideas for articles/interviews you'd like to see more of on Benzinga? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your best article ideas. One person will be randomly selected to win a $20 Amazon gift card!
Disclosure: The author holds no position in the stocks mentioned.
2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.