- Application Fee (cost of appraisal and credit report)
- Legible sales contract signed by Buyers and Sellers.
- Social Security number of all applicants.
- Complete address for the past 2 years (including complete name and address of landlords for past 24 months).
- Name, address, and all income earned from all employers for past 24 months.
- Copies of previous two years W-2 forms.
- Copy of most recent year-to-date pay stub.
- Name, address, account number, monthly payment and current balance for: installment loans, revolving charge accounts, student loans, mortgage loans, and auto loans.
- Name, address, account number, and balance of all deposit accounts, including: checking accounts, savings accounts, stocks, bonds, etc.
- Three months most recent statements for deposit accounts, stocks, bonds, etc.
- If you choose to include income from Child Support/Alimony bring copies of court records of cancelled checks showing receipt of payment.
If you are applying for a V.A. Loan:
Continue Reading Below
- DD-214, Certificate of Eligibility, or statement from your Commanding Officer if you are on active duty.
If you are self-employed or paid by commission:
- Previous two years Federal Income Tax Returns with all schedules and a year-to-date profit and loss statement.
If you own other properties:
- Address of properties and current market value.
- Any debt owed on properties; Lender's name, address, account number, monthly payment, and current balance.
- Copy of previous two years Federal Income Tax Returns with all schedules.
- If rented; copy of lease.
If you have filed bankruptcy in the last seven years:
- Copy of petition and discharge, handwritten explanation of reason for bankruptcy, evidence of excellent credit since the bankruptcy.
The original article can be found at HSH.com:What Documents Will I Need To Apply for a Mortgage?