Tis the season to find you a seasonal job. Analysts are hopeful this holiday shopping season will be strong, and several major American retailers are staffing up. Here are more details in this week’s edition of “On the Job Hunt.” Happy Hunting!
Continue Reading Below
WALMART (NYSE:WMT) – An American multinational retailer corporation that runs chains of large discount department stores and warehouse stores
- hiring 60,000 this year – up 10% from last year
- top jobs: cashier, sales floor associate, stocker, customer service and courtesy associate.
- last year more than 25% of seasonal associates became hired permanently. About 250 store managers started their careers as a seasonal hire
- will be hiring through late-December. Can apply for a job at a local store or at
TOYS “R” US – the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer
- plans to hire 45,000 seasonal employees total – still has more than 7,000 positions open
- top jobs: sales associates, stock crew and Omnichannel fulfillment teams, distribution center employees
- 20% of the company’s 2013 holiday workforce retained a year-round position after season ended.
- will be hiring through Christmas day. Can apply for a job at
SHUTTERFLY (NASDAQ:SFLY) – an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, known mostly for its photo book line
- plans to hire 4,000 in seasonal positions
- top jobs: manufacturing positions
- a good percentage of their seasonal positions convert into full time positions
- hiring through early December. Can apply for a job at
JCPENNEY’S (NYSE:JCP) – a chain of American mid-range department stores
- plans to hire 35,000 across all their stores. Stores typically add about 20-25% to their normal staffing for the holiday season.
- top jobs: customer service roles, cashiers, zone associates and fine jewelry selling associates.
- holiday hiring is for part-time positions and seasonal associates are eligible for an associate discount.
- will hire throughout the holiday season. Can apply for a job in store in an applicant kiosk or visit