The lawyer for a Russian man accused of hacking into U.S. businesses told a judge that he is not guilty of new charges filed by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
Last week, federal prosecutors added 11 new counts to an indictment against Roman Seleznev, the son of a Russian lawmaker. That brought the total number of charges to 40.
During Thursday's arraignment, prosecutors said Seleznev hacked into the computer systems of restaurants and other businesses and stole about two million credit card numbers. They also charged him with two counts of identity theft for allegedly using the credit cards of two people.
After entering the not-guilty pleas for Selezev, his new lawyer told the judge that they "also object to the manner in which Mr. Seleznev was brought into the country." Steven Fogg said they'll "litigate that at another time."
His trial is set for Nov. 3, but both sides met after the hearing to discuss changing that date.