Most healthcare stocks have had a rough election season this year after Hillary Clinton made prescription drug prices a centerpiece of her campaign. In fact, the Health Care SPDR (ETF) (XLV) is down 3.2 percent thus far in 2016.
Continue Reading Below
Healthcare investors are bracing for some significant volatility in the weeks leading up to and after the election. However, Goldman Sachs analyst Asad Haider recently compiled a list of healthcare stocks that could see minimal impact from the election.
While large swaths of the Healthcare sector are exposed to the election theme, we attempt to isolate the companies within our coverage groups that our analysts see as least exposed to shifts in political dynamics, Haider explained.
Heres Goldmans full lists of 25 stocks:
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN).
- Align Technology, Inc. (ALGN).
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc (MDRX).
- Amsurg Corp (AMSG).
- athenahealth, Inc (ATHN).
- Bayer AG (ADR) (BAYRY).
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (BMRN).
- Cerner Corporation (CERN).
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc (XRAY).
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (ADR) (GSK).
- Illumina, Inc. (ILMN).
- Impax Laboratories Inc (IPXL).
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ).
- Merck KGaA(ADR) (MKGAY).
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (MNTA).
- Mylan NV (MYL).
- Owens & Minor, Inc. (OMI).
- Surgery Partners Inc (SGRY).
- Surgical Care Affiliates Inc (SCAI).
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ADR) (TEVA).
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO).
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (VRTX).
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA).
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (WCG).
- Zoetis Inc (ZTS).
Continue Reading Below
In addition, Goldmans expectations for how certain healthcare subsectors will react to the elections outcome are included in the chart below.
Do you have ideas for articles/interviews you'd like to see more of on Benzinga? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your best article ideas. One person will be randomly selected to win a $20 Amazon gift card!
Latest Ratings for ALGN
|Jul 2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Maintains||Buy|
|May 2016||Credit Suisse||Initiates Coverage on||Outperform|
View More Analyst Ratings for ALGN View the Latest Analyst Ratings
2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.