Some of Germany's largest tour operators offered free cancellations Friday for tourists planning trips to the French city of Nice in the coming days, following the attack that killed at least 84 people late on Thursday.
Continue Reading Below
German tour operators TUI Group and FTI Touristik GmbH said tourists with trips booked for Nice up until July 31 could cancel or change their travel plans for free.
TUI said Nice features among the top 20 most visited cities in its catalogue. The tour operator currently has 26 visitors in the city.
DER Touristik, part of the supermarket and tourism-focused REWE Group, said clients could cancel trips planned until July 16. A spokeswoman for the tour operator said so far they hadn't received any cancellations but some tourists left the city earlier than planned by car during the night.
Write to Ruth Bender at firstname.lastname@example.org