HONOLULU – A retired soldier who says there were needles in his Burger King sandwich has reached a settlement with the fast food chain.
Continue Reading Below
But a trial is still scheduled against the U.S. Army and Air Force Exchange, which operates the franchise on the Hawaii Army base where the burger was purchased in 2010. A non-jury trial is scheduled for March 2.
Clark Bartholomew's lawsuit says he was injured by the needles.
Exact terms of the settlement reached Monday are confidential, but Bartholomew's lawyer, Paul Saccoccio, says it involves releasing Burger King Corp. from the lawsuit.
Government attorneys have said previously the case should be dropped because Bartholomew was injured during the course of his military service. He now lives in Chantilly, Virginia.
Attorneys representing the defendants didn't immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday.