As of Tuesday, the iPhone maker disabled group FaceTime until it can offer a more permanent fix to the glitch, which was first revealed on Monday by 9to5Mac after going viral on social media.
But if you’re still worried about the bug, which affects iPhones and iPads running iOS 12.1, and Apple PCs running macOS Mojave, here’s how to temporarily disable FaceTime on your device.
For iPhones and iPads:
1. Go into settings on your iPhone or iPad
2. Scroll down and select "FaceTime"
3. Toggle off the green switch at the top of the screen
1. Open the "FaceTime" app
2. In the upper-lefthand corner, select "FaceTime"
3. Click "Turn FaceTime off"