It's the time of year to start looking for seasonal work, and we're starting with Halloween. Get ready for thousands of jobs that can make you some extra cash while you look for what you really want to do in your career. Plus, think of the discounts. Happy Hunting!
1. PARTY CITY: The country's largest party supply store.
- The retailer will hire 20,000 employees nationwide for the Halloween season
- A majority of the positions are seasonal sales associates
- Most jobs will be temporary, but 10% of temporary workers are offered permanent positions
- Party City will continue hiring build through the month of October
- Associates are encouraged to wear costumes to work in October
- For more information go to: partycity.com
2. CONVERGYS: Provides customer service, technical support and sales for other companies
- The company will hire 4,000 by the end of the month; 10,000 by the end of the year
- Top jobs: Customer service representatives, technical support, team leaders, operations management
- Seventy-nine percent of managers are promoted from within the company
- For more information go to: www.convergys.com
3. ZULILY: Online retailer that offers limited sales on items for the whole family like clothes, toys, home decor items
- Zulily is hiring approximately 300 individuals nationwide
- Top jobs: Software developers, customer service representatives, buyers
- The e-commerce site is expanding in Seattle, Wash.; Columbus, Ohio; Reno, Nev.; Bethlehem, Penn.
- Employees and their kids can volunteer to model for the site
- For more information go to: zulily.com/careers
4. WELCOMEMAT SERVICES: Marketing company providing monthly direct mail packages to people who recently changed their addresses
- The marketing business will create at least 50 jobs
- Top jobs: Account managers and sales professionals
- The company is opening franchises in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Jacksonville, Phoenix, Tampa, Charlotte and all across California
- Welcomemat Services has a total of 37 franchise-owned locations and eight corporate locations
- For more information go to: http://www.welcomematfranchising.com
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.