The aging population is making the choice to stay home, and that means jobs for our nation’s nurses.
I’ve brought you many companies in this field, but Brightstar Care provides medical assistance in the home, especially good work for a nurse who doesn’t wish to be in a hospital or long-term-care setting.
BRIGHTSTAR CARE – National home-care franchise that provides skilled medical services that require a nurse to provide to clients.
- Currently hiring for more than 1,800 positions.
- Top Jobs: RNs, Certified Nursing Assistants, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Home Health Aides.
- Always interested in hiring new graduates with nursing degrees.
- Each year Brightstar Care creates 10,000-12,000 jobs and has plans to create 60,000 new jobs in the next five years.
- Find more information at www.brightstarcare.com/career-center
INTERSTATE HOTEL & RESORTS - U.S.-based global hotel management company, operating branded full- and select-service hotels and resorts, convention centers and independent hotels worldwide.
- Currently has more than 1,400 positions available across the USA.
- Top Jobs: Front Desk Agents, Food & Beverage Servers, Housekeepers, Laundry Attendants, Cooks, Engineers ; Corporate Positions: Finance, Accounting, IT, HR, Sales, Revenue Management and Operations professionals.
- Offers Basic Life Insurance at no cost to associates and discounted Hotel Room Rates and Food & Beverage Discounts at the hotels managed.
- Find more information at www.interstatehotels.com/careers/
VERIZON WIRELESS – Operates the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE and 3G networks.
- Currently has “several thousand” full-time and part-time positions.
- Top Jobs: Customer Service and Retail.
- Employees’ health-care coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Ranked #3 Military-Friendly Employer by GI Jobs; Named a best company for working moms by Working Mother, Ranked top Most Admired Telecommunications Company by Fortune.
- Find more information at www.verizon.com/jobs
REAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT – Franchise that offers residential and commercial property management services including marketing, leasing, maintenance, evictions, accounting, inspections & more.
- Currently has 75-100 openings among its 250 franchises, but expects that number to grow as five more franchises are being added. Also has a few openings in HQ in Salt Lake City.
- Top Jobs: Property managers, Sales & Business Development, Maintenance, Administrative Assistant and Franchise Support.
- Named a Top 100 Franchises for Veterans in 2013 and one of the fastest growing private companies by Inc. 500.
- Find more information at www.realpropertymgt.com/careers and www.realpropertymgt.com
ELEMENTS MASSAGE – Massage franchise that offers massage therapy paired with professional massage therapists.
- All 140 franchises are currently actively seeking massage therapists and 90 are looking for front desk staff. In addition, planning to open 65 new studios in 2014.
- The typical pay range for a massage is between $25 and $35 per session including tip.
- Many studios also offer free massages, chiropractic care, etc for their staff.
- Studios all across the country are actively looking for therapists, but areas of particular focus include NJ, IL, TX & WI.
- Find more information at www.ElementsMassage.com/careers
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.