We’ve done several segments on the show about the Millennial generation, and the challenges these kids are facing.
I wholly admit we have had some fun with our “Don’t” segments on Fox and Friends, but the reality is, I’m always looking out for jobs that this generation can strive for.
See choice #1 below and…..happy hunting!
GRADSTAFF – An outsourced college recruiting company working to fill entry-level positions with a diverse range of employers nationwide
- Currently has more than 110 positions open nationwide and plans to hire for more than 900 positions by the end of 2014.
- Top Jobs: administrative support, customer service, engineering, finance, operations, human resources, project management, IT, sales, and marketing.
- Most entry level positions make $30,000 to $50,000 per year. However, IT, engineering, and related positions may pay higher.
- GradStaff maintains offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Dallas, Phoenix, Philadelphia and St. Louis but fills jobs in over 80 cities.
- Find more information at www.gradstaff.com/apply
DEVEREUX – Nonprofit provider of behavioral healthcare, operate a national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational and employment programs and services for those with intellectual/ developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and mental health challenges.
- Currently has more than 500 openings, plans to hire 1,000 by end of year.
- Top Jobs: Direct Support Professionals, Clinicians, Nurse, Teachers, Case Managers, variety of Management positions.
- Benefit package includes up to 3 weeks paid time-off.
- Expanding program in NJ, AZ, NY, FL. Also in Rutland, MA, where they are currently hiring for 60+ positions.
- Find more information at jobs.devereux.org
PRICELINE – Website that helps users obtain discount rates for travel-related purchases such as airline tickets and hotel stays.
- Currently has about 70 openings across New York and Connecticut. Globally across the Priceline Group there are hundreds of job openings.
- Top Jobs: Finance, Information Technology, Customer Conversion, Communications, Marketing, Hotels and the Rental Car Department.
- Benefits include access to exclusive discounts on international and domestic travel, an on-site fitness center, dry cleaner, cafeteria and convenience store.
- Recently named to FORTUNE’s list of Most Admired Companies for the first time.
- Find more information at www.priceline.com/careers/
MARCO’S PIZZA – Pizza-company franchise.
- Plans to have 6,000 new job openings nationwide thanks to a projected 200 new store openings.
- Top Jobs: General Managers, Assistant Managers, Pizza Makers, Drivers
- General Managers tend to make $30K-$45K; Asst Managers make $10 p/h; Pizza Makers typically make minimum wage.
- Company was started in 1970’s by an Italian immigrant, was sold but still uses same pizza recipe. Is approaching its 500th store opening.
- Find more information at www.marcosfranchising.com and http://marcos.com (also plans to start a new career site soon!)
LASER SPINE INSTITUTE – Leader in endoscopic spine surgery that offers safe and effective alternatives to open neck or back surgery.
- Has about 70 positions open now in Tampa, Fla., Scottsdale, Ariz., Philadelphia and Oklahoma City.
- Top Jobs: medical staff, marketing, IT, customer service.
- Plans to open new surgical centers across the nation this year in St. Louis, Cincinnati and Cleveland. Each new center will bring 50-60 jobs to the local community.
- Named a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay, Philly and AZ.
- Find more information at www.laserspineinstitute.com/careers/
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.