The President’s budget is out, and so are many military jobs, possibly 90,000 that will return to civilian life.
But the jobs won’t be there! Don’t miss my new segment “Deployed to Employed” as we follow the struggles of our heroes to transition home. Saturday on Fox and Friends at 8:45 a.m. ET.
This week’s list is a mix of companies, and who doesn’t love a good smoothie?
COLONIAL LIFE – Market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, cancer, critical illness and supplemental health insurance.
- Has openings for 5,000 sales representatives nationwide this year.
- Top Job: Sales Reps
- These are full commission positions. Those who are successful typically earn about $50,000 in their first year.
- NOTE: the company does offer benefits, but does not pay for them.
- Find more information at www.coloniallife.com
EMPLOYMENT OPTIONS, INC. (MyEmploymentOptions) – Assists job seekers with disabilities nationwide.
- Has up to 800 jobs available currently nationwide.
- Top Jobs: Customer Service, Technical Support, Medical Case Management, Order Taking, and Reservations
- Specializes in Work At Home jobs! On average, Work at Home Customer Service jobs pay about $8-$17 an hour. Also provides free job placement services in local communities in 48 states.
- Hosting a free Online Job Fair – Thurs, March 13 - featuring several of the leading Work at home employers nationwide.
- Find more information at www.MyEmploymentOptions.com and http://myemploymentoptions.com/for-job-seekers/ and http://myemploymentoptions.com/work-at-home-jobs/
MAUI WOWI – Retailer of premium, all-natural, gluten-free, fresh-fruit smoothies, as well as gourmet Hawaiian coffees and espresso beverages.
- Projecting 100-150 new job openings in 2014. Planning on opening 45-50 new units throughout the year (at least 15 new stores & 30 mobile carts).
- Top Jobs: Sales, Customer Service, Franchise Owners (Perks: You get to wear flip-flops & Hawaiian shirts to work!)
- Specifically opening locations in Cary, N.C., as well as Highland and Oceanside, CA
- G.I. Jobs magazine has included Maui Wowi in its list of “Military Friendly Franchises” for 4 consecutive years.
- Military veterans who become Maui Wowi franchisees receive 10% off the franchise fee.
- Find more information at www.mauiwowifranchise.com
iCRACKED –The world's largest iPhone, iPod, and iPad repair & buyback company; “the next AAA.”
- Looking to add about 80 employees to their Redwood City, CA, HQ and to add over 2,000 iTechs in major cities around the country.
- Top Jobs: iTechs (skilled, on-demand service providers that are independent contractors), also hiring in Customer Service, Design & Development, Managers, Recruiters, IT & Marketing.
- Salaries can range from $35-$120k depending on job and experience. Some iTechs can make upwards of $200k a year!
- Benefits package includes free health, vision, and dental insurance, catered lunches, free gym memberships, company provided housing & cars, free time on a sailboat the company timeshares, booze for after hours, and sometimes even equity packages for most special hires.
- Looking to open a second office in London. Possible later offices in Austin, TX, and Louisville, KY.
- Company has been recognized by the White House and founders were featured in Forbes’ 30 Under 30 List.
- Find more information at www.icracked.com/careers
JUNKLUGGERS – Professional and eco-focused removal service.
- Expects to hire 50-100 in the next year.
- Top Jobs: Marketing, Franchise Development, Accounting, Management, Customer Service
- Is looking to expand the franchise across the northeast.
- Average salary is $40k - $70k + bonus
- Was given an Angie's List super service award.
- Find more information at www.junkluggers.com or e-mail them at Jobs@junkluggers.com
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.