This week’s On the Job Hunt is for all those bean counters out there. Let’s celebrate the accountants! (Also, the technology and sales folks.)
DELOITTE – Provides audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory services. A Big-Four accounting firm.
- Currently has more than 2,000 open positions across the country & plans to hire more than 17,000 total experienced professionals, campus recruits and intern hires during FY14
- Top Jobs: Accounting, Technology Positions, Finance, Specific Industry Expertise Positions
- Offers further learning and development programs through Deloitte University, a state-of-the-art facility in Westlake, TX
- Named one of FORTUNE Magazine’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" the 14th year.
- Find more information at www.mycareer.deloitte.com
BLUEGRACE LOGISTICS – Shipping and freight management technology firm. The franchise offers solutions and act as a business consultant to its customers.
- Plans to add more than 200 employees to its roster by the end of 2014.
- Top Jobs: Sales, Customer Service and Operations
- Increase in hiring in Tampa, FL and Chicago
- Named a “Best Places to Work” for three years in a row in the Tampa Bay area
- Find more information at www.mybluegrace.com/careers; can also call 800.MY.SHIPPING or email to email@example.com
LEIDOS – Science and technology solutions leader in national security, health, and engineering (parent company of separation of SAIC that occurred in Sept 2013).
- Currently has more than 1,800 openings nationwide
- Top Jobs: Engineering; Healthcare Technology; Intelligence; IT; Cybersecurity; and Sensors, Space and Maritime Research.
- Focused hiring in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, OK; Houston; St Luis; the metro area of Detroit, MI; Chicago; Dayton, OH; and the Washington, DC metro area.
- Also hiring internationally in Germany, the United Kingdom and Afghanistan.
- Find more information at www.leidos.com/careers
BENEFITFOCUS – Leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers.
- Is expanding its main campus in Charleston, SC, from 13 acres to 40 acres, creating an anticipated 1,200 new jobs.
- Top Jobs: Software and Systems Engineering, Professional Services, Sales and Product Management.
- Hiring nationwide as well as in HQ in Charleston, SC & engineering office in Greenville, SC
- Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina
- Find more information at http://benefitfocus.submit4jobs.com
PIRTEK USA – Fluid power system leader in sales and service with more than 30 years of experience in the hydraulic and pneumatic hose-replacement space.
- Anticipates adding more than 100 positions during the course of 2014
- Top Jobs: Mobile Sales and Service Technicians (MSST), Administrators, Sales, Mechanics, Office Administration, Franchise Owners
- Hiring in St. Louis, Houston, Dallas, Tucson AZ, Birmingham, AL and various cities around the US
- MSST wage ranges from $15 to $25 per hour depending on location/geography. Plus MSST's can earn a commission or bonus.
- Most centers offer health, vision dental, 401K plans of various descriptions
- Find more information at www.pirtekusa.com/jobs.asp and in listings on Craigslist.com and indeed.com
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.