Published January 28, 2014
This week we found jobs in accounting, finance, fitness, and manufacturing. Pay special attention to Retro Fitness, their franchise plans in 2014 may be just the tipping point!
PwC – Professional services firm that focuses on audit and assurance, tax, and consulting services. One of the “Big Four” accounting firms.
- Plans to hire approximately 14,000 people by the end of their fiscal year (6/30/12). Of this, 9,000 will be from college campuses & 5,000 will be experienced professionals.
- Top Jobs: Accounting, Tax, Advisory/Consulting
- PwC U.S. has been named one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the 10th consecutive year
- Find more information at www.pwc.com/careers
GRAYBAR - Leading distributor of quality electrical, communications and networking products.
- 200 available jobs nationwide
- Top Jobs: Sales, drivers, warehouse, customer service
- VetFriendly 50,000 Jobs partner and a 10,000 Jobs Challenge for Veterans founding member
- Fortune 500 company & one of the largest employee-owned companies in North America
- Find more information at www.graybar.com/careers
RETRO FITNESS – Gym franchise where members gain access to all the typical gym amenities they love at only $19.99 a month.
- Will have 1,000-1,200 new job openings nationwide thanks to the opening of 50-60 locations within the next year
- Top Jobs: Facility Managers, Assistant Managers, Front Desk Associates, Personal Trainers, Child Sitters, Floor Techs., etc.
- Salaried positions (Managers, Assistants) will average $60k-$80K a year and hourly employees will average $9 per hour plus commission structures.
- Expanding in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic as well as FL, IL, CA, MD, NY, VA, DC & more. Currently hiring in Brooklyn, NY & NJ
- Find more information at www.retrofitness.com or www.retrofranchising.com.
BERRY PLASTICS – Provider of value-added plastic consumer packaging and engineered materials such as containers, bottles, closures, prescription vials & trash bags. Largest producer of duct tape.
- Currently has hundreds of positions available across the globe, including plans to hire 336 manufacturing positions by the end of 2014 at four facilities in Indiana.
- Top Jobs: Sales & Management, Research & Development, Technical & Skills Trades Personnel, Engineering
- Is investing more than $21 million to relocate equipment and related production from out-of-state locations to 4 Indiana manufacturing operations. The expansion is the company’s 4th in 5 years.
- Find more information at www.berryplastics.com
JPMORGAN CHASE (JPM) – Global financial services firm with investment, research, banking, finance, insurance, and other businesses.
- There are more than 4,000 current openings in the U.S.
- Recently announced they are adding 250 banking jobs to the San Antonio area
- Top Jobs: Teller, Personal Banker, Mortgage Loan Officer, Financial Advisor, Call Center, Auto Finance Underwriter, Card Services Advisor
- Has special focus on hiring veterans. Also is a founding member of the 100,000 Jobs Mission
- Find more information at www.careersatchase.com