This week we found jobs in accounting, finance, fitness, and manufacturing. Pay special attention to Retro Fitness, their franchise plans in 2014 may be just the tipping point!
PwC – Professional services firm that focuses on audit and assurance, tax, and consulting services. One of the “Big Four” accounting firms.
- Plans to hire approximately 14,000 people by the end of their fiscal year (6/30/12). Of this, 9,000 will be from college campuses & 5,000 will be experienced professionals.
- Top Jobs: Accounting, Tax, Advisory/Consulting
- PwC U.S. has been named one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the 10th consecutive year
- Find more information at www.pwc.com/careers
GRAYBAR - Leading distributor of quality electrical, communications and networking products.
- 200 available jobs nationwide
- Top Jobs: Sales, drivers, warehouse, customer service
- VetFriendly 50,000 Jobs partner and a 10,000 Jobs Challenge for Veterans founding member
- Fortune 500 company & one of the largest employee-owned companies in North America
- Find more information at www.graybar.com/careers
RETRO FITNESS – Gym franchise where members gain access to all the typical gym amenities they love at only $19.99 a month.
- Will have 1,000-1,200 new job openings nationwide thanks to the opening of 50-60 locations within the next year
- Top Jobs: Facility Managers, Assistant Managers, Front Desk Associates, Personal Trainers, Child Sitters, Floor Techs., etc.
- Salaried positions (Managers, Assistants) will average $60k-$80K a year and hourly employees will average $9 per hour plus commission structures.
- Expanding in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic as well as FL, IL, CA, MD, NY, VA, DC & more. Currently hiring in Brooklyn, NY & NJ
- Find more information at www.retrofitness.com or www.retrofranchising.com.
BERRY PLASTICS – Provider of value-added plastic consumer packaging and engineered materials such as containers, bottles, closures, prescription vials & trash bags. Largest producer of duct tape.
- Currently has hundreds of positions available across the globe, including plans to hire 336 manufacturing positions by the end of 2014 at four facilities in Indiana.
- Top Jobs: Sales & Management, Research & Development, Technical & Skills Trades Personnel, Engineering
- Is investing more than $21 million to relocate equipment and related production from out-of-state locations to 4 Indiana manufacturing operations. The expansion is the company’s 4th in 5 years.
- Find more information at www.berryplastics.com
JPMORGAN CHASE (JPM) – Global financial services firm with investment, research, banking, finance, insurance, and other businesses.
- There are more than 4,000 current openings in the U.S.
- Recently announced they are adding 250 banking jobs to the San Antonio area
- Top Jobs: Teller, Personal Banker, Mortgage Loan Officer, Financial Advisor, Call Center, Auto Finance Underwriter, Card Services Advisor
- Has special focus on hiring veterans. Also is a founding member of the 100,000 Jobs Mission
- Find more information at www.careersatchase.com
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.