Published January 20, 2014
For this weeks “On the Job Hunt” and “Hired” we are featuring a virtual career fair for veterans that takes place Tuesday, January 21st from 1pm to 4pm ET.
Fifty companies will be participating in the fair including; Aetna, Airgas, Aggregate Industries, Apple, Citi, Comcast, Comerica Bank, Convergys, DSS Research, Exelon, IHG, Lowe's, Penske, Philips, Pfizer, The Mission Continues, TSA, Union Pacific Railroad, Waste Management, WellPoint, Wells Fargo, Western & Southern Life, Xerox, and more.
More than 41,000 veterans have been hired by the employers who participate in the VRS virtual career fairs since September 2011.
You can register at www.vetcareerfair.com or www.veteranrecruiting.com. It is open to all active duty, guard/reservists, veterans, and military spouses.
GRAYBAR - Leading distributor of quality electrical, communications and networking products.
- 200 available jobs nationwide
- Top Jobs: Sales, drivers, warehouse, customer service
- VetFriendly 50,000 Jobs partner and a 10,000 Jobs Challenge for Veterans founding member
- Fortune 500 company & one of the largest employee-owned companies in North America
- Find more information at www.graybar.com/careers
TYCO – The world’s largest pure-play fire and security company. Provides fire protection and security products and services.
- Has more than 1,300 positions
- Top Jobs: Sales, technicians, professional, manufacturing, call center
- Supporter of VetFriendly 50,000 Jobs Challenge
- Find more information at www.tyco.com/careers
WELLPOINT - The largest managed health care, for-profit company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
- More than 500 jobs available
- Top Jobs: Registered Nurses, claims, IT, managers
- One in nine Americans receives coverage for their medical care through WellPoint's affiliated plans.
- Find more information at www.careersatwellpoint.com
KELLOGG’S – Food manufacturing company that produces cereal and convenience foods, including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit-flavored snacks, frozen waffles & more.
- More than 300 jobs available
- Top Jobs: Plant Operation Supervisors, Senior Financial Analysts, Merchandisers
- Is the recipient of a Patriot Award, which recognizes organizations providing extraordinary support and cooperation to citizens who serve.
- Has a specific veteran job website that matches military title w/ job. Also has a special group called K-Vets & Supporters which assists in veteran recruiting and development
- The company's brands include Fruit Loops, Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, Special K, Cocoa Krispies, Keebler, Pringles, Pop-Tarts, Kashi, Cheez-It, Eggo, Nutri-Grain, Morningstar Farms
- Find more information at www.kelloggcareers.com or www.kellogg-veterans.jobs
CAPITAL ONE – U.S.-based bank holding company specializing in credit cards, home loans, auto loans, banking and savings products
- Has 2,000 available jobs
- Top Jobs: Customer Service Reps, Tellers, IT, Project Managers, Process Managers, Analysts
- Is a primary sponsor of US Chambers Hiring Our Heroes Program and a GI Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers and a Top 25 Military Spouse Employer
- Also a founding partner of Hiring 500,000 Heroes
- Find out more information at www.capitalonecareers.com/