For this weeks “On the Job Hunt” and “Hired” we are featuring a virtual career fair for veterans that takes place Tuesday, January 21st from 1pm to 4pm ET.
Fifty companies will be participating in the fair including; Aetna, Airgas, Aggregate Industries, Apple, Citi, Comcast, Comerica Bank, Convergys, DSS Research, Exelon, IHG, Lowe's, Penske, Philips, Pfizer, The Mission Continues, TSA, Union Pacific Railroad, Waste Management, WellPoint, Wells Fargo, Western & Southern Life, Xerox, and more.
More than 41,000 veterans have been hired by the employers who participate in the VRS virtual career fairs since September 2011.
GRAYBAR - Leading distributor of quality electrical, communications and networking products.
- 200 available jobs nationwide
- Top Jobs: Sales, drivers, warehouse, customer service
- VetFriendly 50,000 Jobs partner and a 10,000 Jobs Challenge for Veterans founding member
- Fortune 500 company & one of the largest employee-owned companies in North America
- Find more information at www.graybar.com/careers
TYCO – The world’s largest pure-play fire and security company. Provides fire protection and security products and services.
- Has more than 1,300 positions
- Top Jobs: Sales, technicians, professional, manufacturing, call center
- Supporter of VetFriendly 50,000 Jobs Challenge
- Find more information at www.tyco.com/careers
WELLPOINT - The largest managed health care, for-profit company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
- More than 500 jobs available
- Top Jobs: Registered Nurses, claims, IT, managers
- One in nine Americans receives coverage for their medical care through WellPoint's affiliated plans.
- Find more information at www.careersatwellpoint.com
KELLOGG’S – Food manufacturing company that produces cereal and convenience foods, including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit-flavored snacks, frozen waffles & more.
- More than 300 jobs available
- Top Jobs: Plant Operation Supervisors, Senior Financial Analysts, Merchandisers
- Is the recipient of a Patriot Award, which recognizes organizations providing extraordinary support and cooperation to citizens who serve.
- Has a specific veteran job website that matches military title w/ job. Also has a special group called K-Vets & Supporters which assists in veteran recruiting and development
- The company's brands include Fruit Loops, Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, Special K, Cocoa Krispies, Keebler, Pringles, Pop-Tarts, Kashi, Cheez-It, Eggo, Nutri-Grain, Morningstar Farms
- Find more information at www.kelloggcareers.com or www.kellogg-veterans.jobs
CAPITAL ONE – U.S.-based bank holding company specializing in credit cards, home loans, auto loans, banking and savings products
- Has 2,000 available jobs
- Top Jobs: Customer Service Reps, Tellers, IT, Project Managers, Process Managers, Analysts
- Is a primary sponsor of US Chambers Hiring Our Heroes Program and a GI Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers and a Top 25 Military Spouse Employer
- Also a founding partner of Hiring 500,000 Heroes
- Find out more information at www.capitalonecareers.com/
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.