We are now in the middle of the holiday season, and while retailers have been building their payrolls since September, there are still plenty of holiday opportunities available.
SHUTTERFLY (NASDAQ:SFLY) - Leading manufacturer and digital retailer of high-quality personalized products and services offered through a family of lifestyle brands
- Will hire close to 2,700 for seasonal jobs, up from 2,000 last year
- Specifically looking to hire in its Phoenix and Fort Mill, SC plants
- Top Jobs: Manufacturing, Customer Service
- There is an opportunity for some of the seasonal positions to become full time positions
- Find out more info at http://www.shutterfly.com/about/positions.jsp
HONEYBAKED HAM – Known for its slow-smoked, spiral-sliced Honey Baked Hams and Turkey Breasts & other entrees, side items and desserts.
- Announced hiring 10,000 for the holiday season, Still hiring 2,000-3,000 for Christmas season
- Top Jobs: Production, Counter Sales Associates, Catering and Customer Service
- Part-time positions pay above minimum wage & seasonal employees also enjoy a store discount program. Possible for a seasonal job to become permanent.
- Company-wide, anticipates more than 2.5 million customers during the holiday season, from Thanksgiving through New Year’s. December is busiest time of the year, accounting for nearly 70% of yearly business.
- Each year, HoneyBaked increases its work force by 200% to meet the high demands and they have over 400 stores nationwide..
- Find out more info at www.honeybakedonline.com/CareerOpp
TARGET (TGT) American retailing company, and the second-largest discount retailer in the U.S., behind Walmart.
- Plans to hire 70,000 seasonal team members to staff its stores and distribution centers. Also upping hours for full-time staff by 5-10% between Black Friday and Xmas.
- Top Jobs: Sales Floor Team Members, Cashiers, Backroom Staff, Warehouse Workers
- Seasonal workers get a 10% team member merchandise discount.
- Seasonal hiring began in September and will continue through December.
- Last year, more than a third of their seasonal hires were offered year-round roles. That’s 34,000 people.
- Find more info at www.target.com/career
UPS (UPS)- American global package delivery company.
- Hiring 55,000 seasonal workers
- Top Jobs: driver helpers, package sorters, loaders or unloaders (average salary is $8.50 per hour)
- Expects to deliver 29 million packages globally on its Peak Day, Tuesday December 17th
- The week before Christmas, UPS expects to deliver more than 132 million packages around the world
- On an average day, UPS delivers 16.3 million packages
- UPS predicts more than 78 million tracking requests on December 17, its busiest tracking day of the season. Normally UPS receives 45 million tracking requests on an average day.
- Find out more info at www.upsjobs.com or the UPSjobs page on Facebook.
SPORTS AUTHORITY - One of the nation’s largest full-line sporting-goods retailers.
- Plans to hire up to 5,000 part-time and temporary workers around the United States during the holiday season, a 20% increase from last year.
- Top Jobs: Sales Associates, Cashiers
- Also plans to convert hundreds of seasonal workers into part-time and full-time team members after the holidays this year.
- Seasonal employees are eligible to receive the same benefits as part-time and full-time employees and this year will have access to nearly 80% off all Sports Authority merchandise.
- Find more information at jobs.sportsauthority.com.
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports.