There are literally thousands of jobs available this holiday season -- here are today’s featured companies from Fox and Friends.
FEDEX - An American global courier delivery services company.
- Increasing the workforce with tens of thousands of seasonal positions as needed to maintain outstanding service throughout the peak holiday season.
- Hired 20,000 seasonal workers in 2012 and expects to hire even more than that for 2013 season. Also increasing hours for existing employees.
- Top Jobs: package handlers, parcel assistants, and drivers for both pickup and delivery and line haul operations.
- Busiest day is supposed to be Dec. 10 where they anticipate 19M shipments (highest ever). Anticipates handling +280M shipments during the holiday season.
- In 2011, more than one-third of the package handlers hired for seasonal work at FedEx Ground facilities retained employment with the company.
- Find out more info at www.fedex.com/careers
STERLING JEWELERS – The largest specialty-retail jewelry company in the U.S., operating more than 1,400 stores including Kay Jewelers and Jared the Galleria of Jewelry.
- Has more than 500 seasonal, part-time and full-time positions nationwide.
- Top Jobs: Retail Sales, Store Managers, Assistant Managers, Sales Professionals and Bench Jewelers.
- Previous jewelry experience is not required and they have a promote-from-within culture.
- Benefits include: Base pay + commission, merchandise discounts, incentive trips/contests, 401k, paid time-off, medical/dental (only FT employees).
- Find out more info or apply online at www.sterlingcareers.com
TOYS “R” US - The world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer.
- Plans to hire 45,000 seasonal employees to staff its stores and distribution centers across the country this holiday season (same as last year).
- Top Jobs: Management, Sales, Inventory, Omnichannel Team.
- Hiring began at the end of September and staffing continues to build throughout the holiday season right up to Christmas.
- Seasonal positions have the potential to become full time positions -- last year approximately 15% of holiday workforce -- nearly 7,000 employees -- became full-time workers.
- Find more info at www.ruscareers.com
DOMINO’S PIZZA – The world leader in pizza delivery, and the 2nd largest pizza company in the U.S.
- More than 90% of Domino's franchisees in the U.S. started as delivery drivers or pizza makers in company stores...so you never know where a seasonal job at Domino's might lead to!
- Each store is expected to hire between 1-5 people per store (so somewhere between 5,000-25,000 people, nearly 5,000 stores in the U.S.).
- Continuing to expand our 'pizza theater' new store designs nationwide -- putting pizza making on display for customers, and making working at Domino's even more fun!
- Top Jobs: Customer Service Reps (aka Order Taker), Delivery Drivers, Pizza Makers.
- Will be hiring throughout the busy holiday season.
- Also extremely busy on New Year's Eve, Super Bowl Sunday (their #1 busiest day!) and the winter sports season.
- Find more info at www.dominosbiz.com
JC PENNEY – A chain of American mid-range department stores.
- Announced it is hiring 35,000 holiday workers, after not disclosing the info in 2012.
- In 2012 JCP had ONE big blowout sale, so they only hired for Black Friday. Now they are back to being promotional and taking advantage of the whole holiday season.
- The 35,000 expected hires compares with Penney’s temporary hiring levels in 2011.
- Top Jobs: Service Specialist, Customer Care Rep, Loss Prevention Specialist.
- JCP it is continuing hiring efforts throughout the holiday shopping season.
- Find more info at www.jobs.jcp.com
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.