(Update: Carolyn Petschler has accepted a full-time position right here in New York! She’ll be a Senior Account Executive at DKC Public Relations. So excited and happy that this wonderful person and former guest on Fox is now on her way to success.)
I had the great honor two weeks ago to spend a morning with three women who are going from to “Fatigues to Fabulous” and they let Fox and Friends share their journey with them.
This is an organization that is dedicated to helping female veterans transition from military to work life. Read more here: https://www.facebook.com/Fatigues2Fabulous
NANCY SCHILIRO, CAROLYN PETSCHLER, and ANDREA BYRD were absolute stars in my opinion, and I wanted to share with you the resume of Carolyn in particular.
I have never done something like this, but after getting to know Carolyn, I felt her resume should be seen far and wide! If you want to contact her, reach out through email@example.com
Proven business leader and decorated Navy veteran with successful track record bringing public and media attention to important issues facing communities, and building relationships with clients, politicians, third-party groups and the media.
- Strategically involved in the planning, presentation and implementation of campaign launches and promotional events.
- Recognize the importance of good public relations to help organizations gain visibility, credibility and competitive advantage by telling their stories compellingly to the people who are important to their success.
- Research, plan and promote non-profit and multicultural grassroots campaigns.
- Maintain and leverage excellent relationship with media channels.
Fatigues to Fabulous (F2F) 2012-Present
A campaign of the Society for Women’s Health Research, F2F is a corporate-sponsored organization that produces events supporting women veterans and veteran organizations, creating media awareness of the unique struggles women veterans face reintegrating into the civilian workforce, where they can stabilize their health and family economics.
- Created core communications and branding materials to ensure consistent messaging was building brand equity throughout all public appearances and with sponsor organizations: press release development, sponsor presentation decks, website and social media voice.
- Created and developed sponsor presentations and production budgets for multiple events resulting in the securing support from corporations including Godiva, Maybelline, and IMG.
- Expanded campaign visibility thru strategic development of social media properties and robust community management ; built out digital presence thru website design, development and SEO www.fatiguestofabulous.com.
- Serve as campaign representative with media, to include national broadcast outlet Fox & Friends; responsible for recruitment and media training of supplemental spokespeople for media interviews.
- Responsible for media relations and executive operation of programming, veteran outreach, event planning and production. Event partners have included IMG, Lady Drinks, BaubleBar, Save a Suit Foundation and Citi Field.
- Developed, created and authored pilot programs to assist veterans with childcare and employment.
- Organized the February 11, 2013 NASDAQ closing bell event for campaign non-profit supporter.
- Built brand equity by developing consistent messaging to support external communications.
Co-created and lead 300+ member community organization in the fight against the development of a natural gas compressor station in a residential community in the Town of Minisink, NY. The result was “stay of construction” order issued by U.S. Court of Appeals, and FERC Chairman support of community proposal.
- Implemented weekly organizational and strategy development meetings consisting of 20-30 members, including participation in meetings and rallies with state and local politicians. Mobilized grassroots activities through multiple simultaneous tactics; email notification to members, press contacts, social media, door-to-door community outreach and calls to action.
- Pitched media and served as spokesperson through interaction with politicians, and interviews by local and national radio, newspaper and television news channels.
- Developed social media / digital properties and served as community manager for www.stopmcs.org, Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Created information packets consisting of hard copy and electronic media specifically tailored for U.S. and state senators, and congressional and county representatives in order to show our position and sway lawmaker opinion.
- Coordinated fundraising, research, surveys, event preparation elements, and advertising priorities to the team.
- Co-authored motion against Millennium Pipeline within the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission process.
Political Campaign, Minisink
Town Supervisor Candidate NY 2011
Ran as write-in campaign candidate for Town Supervisor. Secured 43% of voter support from the party backed incumbent of 18 years, in only two weeks with limited financial resources
- Creation of election campaign materials - Facebook election page, political yard signs, and biography mailers.
- Led a 20 member team to strategize campaign and maximize visibility in short time frame.
Marketing Freelance Projects 2004-2007
- Responsible for CMS maintenance and updates of website copy, links and photography.
- Participated in the hiring of new marketing and public relations firms to continue maintaining client brand image and message.
- Created and distributed internal communications messaging for M&I Bank.
- Supported special events, exhibit promotion, data research and entry, and clipping tracking.
- Wrote press releases and feature stories for the Zoological Society’s various publications and events.
- Assisted with logistics of special events and VIP guests.
United States Navy
Cryptologic Communications Operator 1997-2001
- Configured and operated satellite communications systems while embarked aboard U.S. Navy EP-3E reconnaissance aircraft.
- Oversaw Automated Information Systems user support and customer service for Windows NT LAN for over 500 people. i.e., permission setup, software updates, memory upgrades, and computer hardware installation.
- Handled and transported classified data.
- Accountable for quality control of thousands of time sensitive documents, reports, and logs while in high stress military operations environment.
Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 2006
- Bachelors of Arts in Public Relations
Cryptologic Communications Technical School, Pensacola, FL 1997
- Held a TOP SECRET/SCI Security Clearance.
- Adobe Photoshop, WIX, Wordpress, Windows and Mac office applications.
- Two combat Air Medals for participation in Operation Allied Force.
- Navy Unit Commendation Medal awarded for participation in Operation Northern Watch, Iraq.
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.