Published August 15, 2013
News came out this week that Cisco (CSCO) is cutting 4,000 jobs. It’s not only frustrating to me that U.S. businesses continue to face headwinds and can’t grow, it also gives me resolve to do what I can to find work for you!
Here’s to getting you “Hired” this year.
AMAZON.COM – Multinational electronic commerce company, and the world's largest online retailer
- Says it is adding 7,000 jobs in 13 states
- Top Jobs: Warehouse Positions, Distribution, Shipping, Customer Service
- Will add 5,000 full-time jobs at 17 U.S. distribution centers in AZ, DE, CA, IN, KY, PA, SC, TN, TX & VA
- Adding 2,000 jobs in customer service in KY, ND, WA, WV (these are a mix of full time, part time and seasonal positions)
- Also has work from home positions available in Oregon, Washington and Arizona.
- Jobs pay 30% higher than retail jobs and benefits start on day 1
- Find more information at www.amazon.com/csjobs and www.workatamazonfulfillment.com
SYNERGY HOMECARE – A national franchise of non-medical home care that provides service to anyone of any age.
- Currently has 700 openings and projects to hire more than 3,000 people in 2013.
- Top Jobs: Caregivers, Certified Nursing Assistants (C.N.A.), Home Health Aides (HHA), Personal Care Aides, and Owner/Operators nationwide
- Full time assignments can pay $20,000 – $28,000 annually
- SYNERGY HomeCare operates 230 units serving 41 states across the U.S.
- Find more information at www.SynergyHomeCare.com and www.synergyhomecarefranchise.com
POWER HOME REMODELING GROUP – The nation’s 3rd largest exterior remodeling company, provides energy-saving and environmentally friendly exterior remodeling solutions to homeowners
- Looking to fill approximately 1,000 jobs in 2013 – anticipates more openings in 2014 as they open a new location in Detroit
- Top Jobs include sales, operations, installations, marketing and customer service
- Entry level employees typically start around $25K, with potential for bonuses up to $15K annually. More seasoned employees can make up to six figures
- Benefits include performance-based rewards, such as luxury vacations, high-end electronics, gift cards and tickets to concerts and sporting events
- Hiring in CT, DE, GA, IL, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, and Washington DC
- Inc. magazine included Power on their lists of America's Fastest Growing Companies and Top Job Creators
- Find more information at www.PowerHRG.com
UNITEDHEALTH GROUP – A diversified managed health-care company and parent company for UnitedHealthcare and Optum.
- Is hiring for approximately 3,500 jobs
- Top Jobs: customer service, business and project management, human resources, nursing and clinical, finance, and technology.
- Earned the top overall ranking for the third consecutive year among health care insurance and managed care companies in FORTUNE’s 2013 "World’s Most Admired Companies" list.
- Find more information at www.careers.unitedhealthgroup.com
TSI CREDIT DIVISION- Provides credit repair services.
- They have between 500 to 3,000 jobs open in every state across the nation (depending on size of state). They hope to hire at least 1,000-5,000 by the end of the year
- Top Jobs: Consultants (25,000-35,000 open), Accountants (35-70 open), Training & Licensing positions (10-15 open), Advertising (approximately 5 open)
- Salary will be between $20,000 - $70,000 a year
- Find more information at www.tsicreditdivision.com