Published July 11, 2013
This week we found the technology, auto, and construction sectors hiring. It’s our goal to get you HIRED.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY - A global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., which manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents.
- Plans to hire 3,000 salaried workers in the U.S. in 2013.
- Top Jobs: Product Development, Manufacturing and IT Marketing/sales/service.
- The majority of the jobs are in SE Michigan. We anticipate that 85-90% of the positions will be in Michigan.
- Individuals who “like” the Ford Careers Facebook page and follow Ford Careers on Twitter will receive regular updates about new career opportunities at Ford.
- Find more information at www.careers.ford.com
84 LUMBER COMPANY – Largest privately held supplier of building materials, manufactured components and industry leading services to professional contractors/remodeling professionals.
- Currently has 2,500 openings
- Top Job: Outside Sales (which requires experience), Manager Trainees and Yard personnel (labor intensive).
- Has 250 stores and four manufacturing facilities in 30 states and is hiring in all locations.
- Find more information at www.84lumber.com
RACKSPACE – An open cloud company and founder of OpenStack, the standard open-source operating system for cloud computing.
- Has 328 positions open globally, 176 of which are openings in the U.S.
- Top Jobs: Software Developers, Systems Engineers, Linux Administrators, Customer Service.
- Rackspace’s average salary is $73K.
- Hiring in San Antonio, Austin, San Francisco, Blacksburg, London, Sydney, Hong Kong.
- Named a Fortune 100 Best Places to Work For in 2012 and was in top 20 of Forbes America's Fastest Growing Tech Companies in 2013.
- Find more information at www.rackertalent.com
SPORTS CLIPS HAIRCUTS - Men’s and boys’ hair-care franchise
- Plans to add nearly 2,000 jobs in 2013.
- Top jobs: Stylists (entry level $20k-$22k, experienced $30k-$35k, both + tips/commission) and Managers (average $40k-$50k + tips).
- Has an emphasis on hiring in the Northeast U.S. where Sport Clips is experiencing its most recent expansion.
- Company just celebrated its 20th anniversary and now has 1,060 stores across the country.
- Find more information at www.SportClipsJobs.com
FETCH! PET CARE - Offers professional, reliable and loving dog walking, pet sitting, cat visits, boarding, and other pet care services.
- Will hire 600 thanks to 24 new openings in 2013.
- Top Jobs: Pet Sitters, Dog Walkers and Pet Care Coordinators (Dispatchers).
- Preparing to expand its footprint into Portland OR, Boston MA, New York NY, Tampa FL, Denver CO, San Antonio TX, Chicago IL and varying parts of New Jersey and South Carolina.
- Find more information at www.fetchpetcare.com