I am always looking for jobs, and we found an incredible mix of industries this week. The list below illustrates there ARE jobs in surprising places!
USAA - provides insurance, banking, investment and retirement products and services to 9.4 million members of the U.S. military and their families.
- Will add 3,500 jobs over the next 3 years - including 1,000 each in San Antonio and Phoenix
- Of these hires, at least one of every four new hires be either a military veteran or spouse.
- Top Jobs: Underwriters, member contact representatives in claims, investments and banking, statistical and financial analysts, Information Security Specialists
- This is the 1st company to earn the number 1 spot for military and spouses in G.I Jobs and Military Spouse Magazine, and it is currently #1
- Also a member of Fortune’s list of ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ four years straight, all four years in the top 50
- Find more information at www.usaa.com/careers
HUNTINGTON INGALLS INDUSTRIES - designs, builds and maintains nuclear and non-nuclear ships for the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard and provides after-market services for military ships
- Plans to hire several thousand employees over the next few years, particularly for their shipyards in Newport News, VA and Pascagoula, MS
- Top Jobs: Engineers, Engineering Techs, IT, Planners, Craftsman, Electricians, Machinists, Welders
- Production positions start at $15.00 up to $24.00 per hour dependent on training/certifications
- HII is building our nation’s newest nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, Gerald R. Ford. Also doing work with USS Theodore Roosevelt, USS Abraham Lincoln, USS Enterprise & John F. Kennedy
- Find more information at www.huntingtoningalls.com
CIRRUS AIRCRAFT – small airplane manufacturer, currently makes the best-selling five-seat, single engine airplane in the world (which comes with a parachute!)
- Is hiring about 105 this year
- Top jobs: engineers, designer/drafters, manufacturing positions
- Benefits include the Cirrus Flying Club where employees earn their private pilot’s license while flying a model SR22 and generous discounts with company vendors.
- Hiring primarily in Duluth and Grand Forks, ND. We also have regional positions within the U.S. and abroad.
- Find more information at www.cirrusaircraft.com/company
A BUYER’S CHOICE HOME INSPECTION (ABCHI) - a professional home inspection service.
- Plans to establish up to 1,000 jobs in the next 3-5 years. By the end of this year alone, the company anticipates creating 90 new jobs.
- Top Jobs: Customer Service Reps, Home Inspectors, Franchise Owners
- Salaries are based on how many homes inspected, but can make anything from $75,000 to $125,000 or more!
- Noted as a Military Friendly Franchise for its effort to promote veteran business ownership
- Find more information at ABuyersChoice.com. Can also call (877) 377-8626 for job opportunities
CARING SENIOR SERVICE - an in-home care agency providing non-medical care for seniors who want to age in their own home
- Currently they have openings in all of their 45 locations across the nation. Plan to open 12-18 new locations in 2013, creating between 480 and 720 more positions
- Top Jobs: Caregivers (they will assist in training and certification), Agency Directors, Homecare Consultants and Care Managers
- Position salaries range from minimum wage to $38K per year with added incentive programs
- Hiring in AZ, AL, CA, CO, IL, MA, MS, NE, NJ, NC, OH, PA, TN, TX & WI
- Find more information at www.caringseniorservice.com/Employment
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.