I am working for you to find you a job, a lead, an idea, but there is a group of Americans I have not helped: college graduates.
The latest data show us the true unemployment rate for Millennials, that age group between 18–29, is sitting at 16.1%. The effective rate is a combination of kids who either gave up looking, or continue to look but are not having any luck.
Here’s a list of companies that want college grads, and these are jobs that are open now
ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR – Rental-car company.
- Has postings for more than 500 Management Trainee positions (can be sales, customer service, etc.) currently open nationally, and hires about 8,500 Management Trainees (new grads!) each year
- New grad characteristics they want: creativity, enthusiasm and fresh perspectives – something needed by all companies to stay competitive.
- Senior leadership team, including Chairman and COO, all started out in entry level positions at Enterprise and were promoted from within to senior ranks
- Enterprise teaches college graduates the skills they need to run a business and prepares them for long-term success with a Management Training Program
- Management Trainees generally start in the mid $30s, depending on the geographic area where they work.
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision, Retirement Savings plans, Life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Find more info at www.erac.com
ERNST & YOUNG – A global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.
- In FY 2013 (which ends in June) they will have hired 6,000 college graduates in the U.S. alone, which is a 5% increase from the 2012 FY
- Looking for graduates with majors in Business, IT, Finance and Accounting.
- Top Jobs include assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services
- Going after new grads because Millennials make up over 60% of their workforce and are the future of the firm.
- Was listed on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the 15th consecutive year.
- Find more info at www.ey.com/US/en/Careers/Students
BRIGHTSTAR CARE – A full-service healthcare staffing agency that provides both non-medical and medical services.
- Expects to hire approximately 2,000-3,000 new graduates with Nursing majors
- Top Jobs: RNs, Geriatric NPs, Research Nurse, Occupational Health Nurse
- Has 258 offices in 36 states and has hired more than 23,000 people since 2011.
- Targeting expansions in Dallas, New York, Portland, Los Angeles, San Diego, Philadelphia, Seattle, Boston, Atlanta and Miami.
- Each year Brightstar Care creates 10,000-12,000 jobs and has plans to create 60,000 new jobs in the next five years.
- Find more info at www.brightstarcare.com/career-center
WAKEFERN FOOD CORP. – The nation’s largest retailer-owned (non-farm) cooperative that focuses on the procurement, distribution, marketing and merchandising for the ShopRite/PriceRite stores
- They are currently recruiting new grads for their Leaders in Training programs. They have three 12 or 20 month programs that allow students to move up corporate ladder in company
- Leader in Training tend to end up in Procurement, Logistics, Support Services, Leader in Training in Technology are programmers/IT specialists, Merchandiser in Training are in Ops, Production, Labeling
- Starting salaries for the LIT, LITT and MIT program trainees range from mid-$40K to mid-$50K & have benefits
- Hiring in NY, NJ, CT, PA, MD, DE, RI, MA
- In addition to the training program jobs, they are hiring approximately 50 in NJ & PA
- Find more info at www.wakefern.com
SOCCER SHOTS – An international franchise program that introduces children ages 3-8 years of age to the game of soccer, and also builds character, teaches discipline and inspires fitness.
- Expects to hire 300-400 new grads this summer alone. Also expects to create 200 new jobs due to 20 new franchises in the works.
- Looking for former athletes and graduates who majored in business and marketing
- Top Jobs: Director, Recruiter, Instructors
- Entrepreneur magazine listed it as the top Children’s Fitness Franchise
- Find more info at www.soccershots.org
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.