This week the White House met with several CEOs from the nation’s largest technology companies to address a situation that is becoming an epidemic: military men and women are coming home by the hundreds of thousands, to no jobs.
The public/private partnership is supposed to grant training courses to military personnel while they are still in the armed forces, so there is no lag time when they leave for civilian life.
John Chambers, CEO and chairman of Cisco, spoke with me on FOX Business about the initiative, telling me: “There’s going to be a million service men and women coming back who protected our country… and to ask them to go fight the battle to find a job by themselves…is just wrong. We as a country need to come together as public/private partnerships and really think about training these young people. Enabling them to connect to the opportunities and get jobs. Is Cisco hiring? Absolutely.”
- WH unveiled new program that will help military men/women train for tech jobs.
- Although CEO has not specified… 5,700 jobs open on AOL jobs
- Top job categories: IT and engineering
- Initiative: tech partnership targets more than 1.8M jobs by 2020
- 10% of employees are veterans
FOREVER YOGURT: Frozen yogurt chain.
- 30-40 new openings in 2013
- Top Jobs: Team Members, Team Leaders and Senior Team Leaders
- Top markets for expansion: Boston through D.C.
- Hottest Growth Markets: Midwest and East Coast
- Find more information at: www.foreveryogurt.com.
HEALTHWAY: Global manufacturer of high end air-cleaning equipment (works with hotels, homes, hospitals, office buildings & vehicles).
- 45-60 openings over the next six months in upstate NY
- Top jobs: engineers, manufacturing manager, assemblers, installation managers, technicians.
- Salary range is $30K-$85K
- Offers full medical coverage, and 401k
- Find more information at: www.healthway.com
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.