Where the Jobs Are This Week
Published April 09, 2013
This week’s jobs focus highlights what may be a new type of technology that may change not just the job market, but the types of skills we need.
It’s 3D printing, and when I first heard of it I wasn’t sure of the benefit. But it’s a technology that one NYC company is developing, and finding success with.
The job is fair is THIS WEEK, so get on this one if you are interested!
MAKERBOT - a global leader in desktop 3D printing.
- Hiring more than 50 people in its Brooklyn, NY, headquarters and holding a job fair on Friday, April 12, from 10am-5pm. Candidates must send resume/cover letter by April 9th
- Top Jobs: Engineering, Web, Ops, Sales/Marketing
- Their 3D printer was named a Time Magazine's Best Invention of 2012
- Went from 3 employees to 200 in only 4 years.
- Find out more information at www.makerbot.com/careers
PITA PIT - Fast-food restaurant that offers quality, healthy, fresh food fast.
- Will add roughly 800 jobs in 2013 thanks to 50 planned store openings
- Top Jobs: corporate store managers, managers, team members. Corporate jobs: paralegal, real estate specialist, financing specialist, positions in marketing and communications.
- Primarily focusing on the Southeast region for expansion, specifically in Florida. Also expanding in the Gulf Coast region, Denver and NY & NJ.
- Ranked as a Top 100 Global Franchise by Franchise Direct
- Find out more information at www.pitapitusa.com
MR. HANDYMAN - Provides commercial and residential property maintenance and repair services.
- Currently has about 130 openings for the Spring, but expects total openings to rise to 350-400 by the end of the year
- Top Jobs: Service Technician, Customer Service Reps
- Most service technicians can make between $40,000 and $55,000 per year.
- Plans to open about 15 new franchise locations in 2013 in San Antonio, TX, Suffolk County, NY, Ann Arbor, MI, Baltimore, MD, Boston and Dallas.
- Consistently ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the top 500 franchise opportunities available in the U.S.
- Find out more information at www.mrhandymanfranchise.com
The Entrepreneur's Source (E-Source) - Business coaching company that works with entrepreneurs to find franchises to invest in & assists franchise companies with their business challenges
- Plans to fill about 300 jobs in 2013. Its sister company AdviCoach (also a biz coaching company) plans to hire an additional 100 employees
- Top Jobs: Business Development positions, Business Coach positions, franchise owner opportunities
- Plans to open 150 locations in 2013, focusing on the Southwest
- Looking to hire qualified military veterans interested in transferring their skills
- Find out more information at www.entrepreneurssource.com
WORKOUT ANYTIME - A 24-hour, seven-days-a-week fitness concept that provides members with first-class fitness facilities at the lowest cost possible
- Will have 150 positions due to 45 new openings this year
- Top Jobs: Managers, Trainers, Sales
- Hiring in Chicago, Indiana, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Central Florida and eastern Pennsylvania. Has pending franchise sales in TX, FL, NC, SC, AL, OH, KY, TN, PA, and ID
- Find out more information at www.workoutanytime.com/company/employment