The great debate over minimum wage continues.
Did you know that the United States is not even in the top five when it comes to countries paying the highest minimum wage? While businesses, politicians, and experts debate what is fair or not, I hope you will consider taking a minimum wage job if you have to. In this market it's better to make $7.50 an hour than nothing, and I always tell people that doing something, going somewhere -- anywhere -- each day is better than staying home.
FATBURGER – a fast-casual restaurant chain serving burgers made specifically to customers’ preferences, headquartered in Hollywood.
- Expects to create 1,400–1,850 jobs worldwide, and 500+ jobs in the U.S. with the opening of more than 70 locations both here and abroad.
- Top Jobs: Restaurant Management, Shift Leaders and Team Members
- Team Members/Shift Leaders can make $10-$25/hour and can purchase insurance coverage. Management can make $22k - $50k and generally receives benefits.
- Hiring for new stores in Los Angeles, San Francisco/Bay Area, Hawaii, Arizona, Spokane, WA, NJ, and NYC
- Find more information at: www.fatburger.com/jobs
ALLSTATE – the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America.
- Currently has more than 1,000 positions available throughout the US, with a high concentration in their Northbrook, IL, corporate headquarters
- Top Jobs: Technology Ops, Marketing Consultants, Customer Call Center Reps, Claims Processors/Adjusters and contract Agents and Financial Services Reps
- Named a Best Company for Working Mothers for over 20 years by Working Mother magazine. Nearly 60% of Allstate’s employees are women.
- Find more information at: www.allstate.com/careers
VISITING ANGELS – in-home senior care company.
- Hiring 24,000 people nationwide by spring in all 450 franchises throughout the country
- Top Jobs: Franchise Owner, Marketing Managers, Case Managers/Schedulers, Caregivers, Home Companions, Community liaisons
- Franchise cost is fairly low – only $75,000. Marketing Managers can make $30k-$60k; Case managers/Schedulers can make $25k - $45k & Caregivers/Home Companions can make $8.50 - $11.50 p/h
- Has franchise opportunities in NY, IA, NE, KS, ID, OK, ND, SD, WY, TN, MS, AL
Find more information at: www.visitingangels.com/employment
DIVERSIFIED SOURCING SOLUTIONS – regional staffing company. Primarily focuses on logistics, industrial, & manufacturing jobs. Also hires for administrative, legal, skilled trades, IT, & engineering jobs.
- Currently nearly 400 open positions company-wide and an additional 12 positions in-house (with locations in GA, FL, AL, TN, TX, VA, and NC).
- Top Jobs: Skilled trades, Manufacturing, Production, Logistics (Internally: Sales, Recruiters, Clerical/Administrative)
- Salaries range from $20k-$100k+ per year. Internal staff positions have full benefits. External positions have access to health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Looking to hire in Cleveland, OH; Atlanta, GA; Richmond, VA; Birmingham, AL; Houston & Dallas, TX; Tampa & Miami, FL and hoping to expand in TX, TN, VA, MD, DC, FL
- Company was featured on Lifetime Network’s Balancing Act and is a member of the American Staffing Association
- Find out more information at: www.diversifiedsourcingsolutions.com
PAPA MURPHY’S – the #1 take-n-bake pizza chain in America with more than 1,300 locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- By the spring of 2013, Papa Murphy’s will hire some 6, 700 people nationwide.
- Top Jobs: Store Managers, Shift Leaders, Prep People, Project Manager, PR Specialist, Marketing Coordinator, Franchise Owner
- Ideal for new business owners – franchise cost is $250,000 and super easy to operate because it’s a pizza business with no ovens, dining or delivery
- Is the #1 Zagat rated Pizza chain and it’s won Best Pizza Chain in America for many years in a row.
- Find more information at: www.papamurphys.com/Careers
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.