On tonight's show I was joined by LowCards.com CEO Bill Hardekopf. Below are the best rewards cards he recommends.
Chase Sapphire Preferred
* 40,000 points if you spend $3000 during the first three months
* 2 points for every dollar spent on dining and travel.
* 7% annual bonus on all points you earn during the year
* No foreign transaction fee
* Annual fee ($95) waived during first year.
Blue Cash Preferred from American Express
* $150 cash back if you spend $1000 during first three months
* 6% cash back on supermarket purchases; 3% on gas and department store purchases; 1% on all other purchases.
* $75 annual fee
Capital One Venture Rewards
* Two miles for every dollar spent.
* Good on most every airline.
* No foreign transaction fees.
* 10,000 bonus miles if you spend $1000 during first three months.
* Annual fee ($59) waived during first year.
* $100 cash back bonus once you spend $500 during the first three months.
* 1% back on all purchases; 5% cash back on up to $1500 spent in specific categories each quarter.
* No annual fee
Starwood Preferred Guest
* 10,000 points after your first purchase
* No blackout dates
* Good on a wide variety of airlines and hotels, not just one chain or carrier
* Annual fee ($65) waived during first year
Pen Fed Travel from American Express
* 9.99% APR until June 30, 2014
* No annual fee
* 20,000 bonus points if you spend $650 during first three months.
* 5 points on airfare purchases; 1 point on all other purchases.
The Willis Report with Gerri Willis investigates the top business stories, outs corporate scams and polices D.C. policy.